What says Valentine’s Day better than chocolate eh? And even better if you know it’s not full of crap ingredients and you know exactly what has gone into it. Bonus points: It actually tastes so much better than any other chocolate I have tried, and I am talking even better than Lindt. Seriously.
Last year my favourite raw chef Russell James (The Raw Chef) and Amy Levin (The Raw Chocolatier) brought out an online Home Study Chocolate program and I am still working my way through it, but seriously Amy is amazing.
And what’s more, this awesome duo have put together a FREE mini ecourse, just because they love us, and want to share the chocolate love. If you want to check it out click HERE to get access to those videos including how to temper raw chocolate. Even for that alone it’s worth it.
I came up with my own version of this delicious chocolate treat that is raw, and, seriously soooo good. I even had to break my sugar detox just to taste test this.
So even if you don’t have a special someone to make this for this Valentine’s Day, you actually do. YOU!
Honest to goodness. Please do yourself a favour and make this. NOW.
Happy Valentine’s Day
Raw Strawberry Creams
Yield: Approx 24 servings (24 Servings)Prep: 30 mins
Delicious tempered raw chocolates filled with strawberry cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries preferably organic
- 1 cup raw shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup not raw but only forms a small part of the recipe
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch salt always use Himalayan or celtic sea salt, never table salt
- 200 grams cacao butter
- 60 grams raw cacao powder
- 100 grams coconut sugar
- 10 grams Sunwarrior Protein Powder optional
- pinch salt
- Place strawberries, coconut, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice + salt in a blender until as smooth as possible. You may find the mixture doesn’t get very smooth and remains a little grainy but that’s ok as it’s really delicious anyway. A high speed blender will get the mixture more smooth. Set aside.
- Onto the chocolate. Either use your high speed blender or a double boiler version (not described here) Blend your cacao butter, coconut sugar, protein powder and salt in the blender until it becomes liquid. For more information on how to temper raw chocolate check out Amy Levin with Russell James (The Raw Chef) FREE chocolate mini course online here http://bit.ly/1czAVm4
- Add the cacao powder and blend until well combined. If you wish to temper your chocolate (I did) follow the instructions in the mini course.
- Spoon up to a 1/3 of your chosen mould (I chose hearts) with chocolate, then place in the freezer until solid.
- When out of the freezer, place blobs of the strawberry cream on top of the solid chocolate, making sure that you try to not touch the sides of the mould. This will form your cream centre. You may need to fiddle with the cream a little to ensure it is placed just right.
- Then spoon remaining chocolate mixture on top of the cream to fill the moulds.
- Place in the freezer until set. Pop out of moulds when set and enjoy!