Ingredients for the Crust:
1 cup of almonds
1 cup of pitted medjool dates
1 T of water (if needed to help stick the mixture together)
Ingredients for the Filling:
3 cups of freshly frozen raspberries
2 teaspoons of camu camu powder (optional)
2 cups cashews (soaked overnight and rinsed)
1/2 a cup pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 teaspoons ground organic cinnamon
1/2 a teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
6 tablespoons melted cacao butter
Method for the crust:
1. Grind both ingredients together in a food processor.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of water if the mixture is too crumbly.
3. Press the crust into a spring-loaded cake tin.
4. Set aside.
Method for the filling:
1. Combine all the ingredients except the cacao butter and
blend really well – until completely smooth.
2. Add the butter and blend again.
3. Pour the mixture over the crust
4. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Method for the chocolate topping:
In a bowl add:
½ cup of melted coconut oil
¼ cup of pure maple syrup
½ t of vanilla paste
A pinch of Himalayan sea salt
Sift in ½ cup of raw cacao powder
Gently mix it all together and spread on chilled
Put back in the freezer until ready to eat.
Once ready, let it thaw for at least 15 minutes.
Decorate with fresh raspberries.