This fruit salad takes it to a new level and makes it very easy for you to get more than your minimum two servings of delicious fruit per day.
Here are my ingredients but you can play around with your favourite and in season fruits.
California Fruit Salad
- Chef Knife
- 1 cup watermelon
- 1 peeled orange
- 1 apple
- 2 pears
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1 banana
- (kiwi would be nice too!)
- All roughly chopped except for the blueberries
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- Handful of soaked (refer to soaking chart here) roughly chopped walnuts (pecans would be nice too)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (we used fresh shucked coconut from mature coconuts – a service offered here at our local supermarket)
- 1-3 Tbsp maple syrup, honey, agave or your favourite sweetener to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir gently. The lemon juice acts to reduce the apple and banana from oxidizing and going brown.